Sunday, August 10, 2014

Community Shield: Arsenal v Manchester City


Player reaction - Arsenal 3-0 Man City


Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey, speaking to BT Sport: "The atmosphere in the camp is great. We really want to work hard for each other and the club is on the up. Everyone is excited, the arrival of Alexis Sanchez has made everyone excited. After the FA Cup win I really feel this club is on the up and I hope we can go on to be very successful in the coming years."

Arsenal goalscorer Olivier Giroud, speaking to BT Sport: "I felt I could shoot, I was a bit lucky but I did what I really wanted to do and score.

"We came back to pre-season a few weeks ago and I had a really good feeling about our understanding on the pitch, especially with the new players. I think we will be stronger this year. We are getting better and better and I think we will do very well."

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere, speaking to BBC Radio 5 live: "I think the message we wanted to send out was we are ready, it is the biggest game of pre season and we passed the test. Just because we beat the champions doesn't mean we will be champions because it doesn't work like that but we are ready.



"We have got a great team ethic here and I hope we can take that into the season.

"It's s big season for me, last season was a bit stop start but I have had my first proper pre season and I am feeling good."

Scottish football latest

A late goal from Chris Erskine means it is Dundee United who are top of the Scottish Premiership with a 3-0 win away to Aberdeen.

St Johnstone also put their midweek Europa League disappointment behind them with a 2-1 win over Ross County.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. We will be reply back to you.